Retail POS - How It Works
The Workflow Picture below provides an overview of a typical business process to manage one or more retail brick and mortar stores - demonstrating sales through two retail stores with one or more checkout lanes.
The various steps outlined in this process are:
- 1. Selecting products and inventory to be sold thru a retail store
- 2. Assigning prices to the the selected products for sale
- 3. Pushing the selected products and pricing information to the retail store POS
- 4. Purchase of one or more products by a retail shopper
- 5. Capturing the completed transaction information - Customer, Order Details
- 6. Handling of any Customer Support items in the context of the customer or order
- 7. Order Fulfillment for any orders that require shipping to customer.